6. Altering Information You Submit.
(a) Deleting your information. Federal and state regulations may require that we store questions or submissions for various periods of time. In order to comply with these regulations, we may be unable to delete information from our databases.
(b) Altering Information. Company may alter, modify or delete any information you submit through the Website if it believes, in its sole discretion, it is necessary or desirable to do so.
(c) Request to stop receiving emails from us. Periodically, Company may send you emails to alert you to various new features within the Services. If you do not wish to receive any of these offers, please send an e-mail to email@example.com to remove yourself from our mailing list.
Although Company has taken reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is delivered and disclosed securely, Company cannot and does not guarantee that the personal information you provide will not be intercepted by others and decrypted.
Storage and Processing
We may, in the future, sell or otherwise transfer some or all of our assets or equity to a third party. Your personally identifiable information and other information we obtain from you via the Website or Services may be disclosed to any potential or actual third party purchasers of such assets or equity and may be among the assets transferred.
The Company does not respond to Do Not Track signals and/or other mechanisms that provide consumer choice about tracking.
PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR DATA SUBJECTS WHOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE COLLECTED IN THE EUROPEAN UNION
EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). CRUISE MANAGEMENT, as global brand, may interact and, either directly or indirectly, process personal information from individuals within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and transfer personal information from individuals (“Data Subjects”) located within the EEA. Personal information that may be collected by us from a Data Subject in the EEA may include:
- PHONE NUMBER
- EMAIL ADDRESS
- BUSINESS NAME
- BUSINESS ADDRESS
- PAYMENT INFORMATION
- OTHER DATA ELEMENTS
Information that we collect may be transferred outside of the EEA, including to countries, such as the United States, which have not been deemed as having “adequate” security measures by the European Commission.
Lawful Grounds to Process and Obtain Consent. Data subjects whose personal information is collected in the EEA may withdraw consent at any time where consent is the lawful basis for processing his/her information. Should a Data Subject withdraw consent for processing or otherwise object to processing that impedes CRUISE MANAGEMENT’s ability to comply with applicable regulations, the Data Subject may be unable to avail him/herself of the services that CRUISE MANAGEMENT provides.
Data Subjects’ Rights. All individuals whose personal information is held by CRUISE MANAGEMENT have the right to:
- ask what information CRUISE MANAGEMENT holds about them and why;
- ask for a copy of such information or access to such information;
- be informed how to correct or keep that information up to date; and
- be informed on how CRUISE MANAGEMENT is meeting its data protection obligations.
Furthermore, for data collected in the EEA, data subjects have the right to:
- ask for a copy of such information to be sent to a third party;
- ask for data to be erased if possible and required under the GDPR;
- ask for processing of personal information to be restricted if possible and required under GDPR;
- object to processing of personal information if possible and required under GDPR;
- object to automated decision-making where applicable; and
- contact a supervisory authority in the EEA to lodge a complaint regarding CRUISE MANAGEMENT’s processing of your personal information.
AUTOMATED DECISION-MAKING. CRUISE MANAGEMENT will not engage in automated decision-making activities.
NON-DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION. CRUISE MANAGEMENT does not share any personal information with any nonaffiliated third parties, except in the following circumstances:
- as necessary to provide the service that the customer has requested or authorized, or to maintain and service the customer’s account;
- as required by regulatory authorities or law enforcement officials who have jurisdiction over CRUISE MANAGEMENT and its affiliates or as otherwise required by any applicable law; and
- to the extent reasonably necessary to prevent fraud and unauthorized transactions.
CRUISE MANAGEMENT and its affiliate partners are prohibited from disclosing personal information to any person or entity outside CRUISE MANAGEMENT, including family members, except under the circumstances described above. CRUISE MANAGEMENT affiliate partners are permitted to disclose personal information only to such other employees who need to have access to such information to deliver our services to the customer.
CRUISE MANAGEMENT Contact Information for Persons Located Within the EEA. If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland and have questions or concerns regarding the processing of your personal information, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If, as an EEA Citizen, you believe that CRUISE MANAGEMENT has not adequately resolved any such issues, you have the right contact the applicable EU Data Protection Supervisory Authority.
PLEASE PRINT AND RETAIN A COPY OF THIS AGREEMENT FOR YOUR RECORDS.